REST AND SPACE IN OUR FLAT
BED & BREAKFAST
1 flat, 2 triple rooms
Luxurious and spacious living space
The Groningen landscape, vast and quiet. No wonder so many people come here for the ultimate in peace and quiet. But the High North has much more to offer. Among others at 10 km “The most beautiful village in the Netherlands: Winsum”
Our holiday home can accommodate 2-6 people. Several private terraces, living room and kitchen.
View the videos of Waddenstee and its surroundings
On Booking.com, we have received a 9.5 or higher for quality since 2015.
Rest & space and
Groninger Hospitality On The Hogeland
You can hardly get more peace and quiet than at Waddenstee Bed & Breakfast in Westernieland. As soon as you step outside you are struck by the deafening silence and you can see all the way to the horizon. Put on your walking or running shoes and go exploring. Or take the car. Pieterburen, Lauwersoog, the city of Groningen or Winsum (the most beautiful village in the Netherlands) are all so close by.
Or enjoy everything our esteemed B&B has to offer. See you soon?
Wad by day
In this bedroom you will find a 2 person box spring bed 160×200 and a 1 person bed. Relax in rustic blue.
Wad at night
This bedroom has an electric adjustable bed 180x 220 and a single bed. On the ceiling is a speaker lamp attached so you can listen to soothing music in the bedroom. Ultimate relaxation.
Just relax in the living room
In the living room you have views over the countryside and a sliding door to the sunny south-facing terrace. With the warmth of the underfloor heating it is pleasant to stay.
Here the sun shines in the morning already. You also have the opportunity to make a fire in the outdoor stove.
Of all mod cons
In the kitchen you have everything at hand. The kitchen is equipped with all appliances, there are herbs, coffee and tea making facilities a microwave and a dishwasher with dishwasher tablets.
In the area you can walk or cycle. Peace, space and quiet, where do you find that. At the Waddenstee you will find it all.
What to Say
Beautiful overnight stay
I haven’t felt so relaxed in a long time. Super thanks for everything!
If I ever am in the North again I will definitely come back here, too bad I have to go home already.
Great place to relax
What a wonderful place to relax after the busy holiday season with the necessary obligations.
You know what hospitality is!
An eye for detail, both here in the house and at the delicious breakfast, and what good weather I had!
What a wonderful place this is! Fantastic! We enjoyed the sauna & jacuzzi. The breakfast was super!
In short: It was “heavy’enjoy. We will definitely come back.
More beautiful than expected what a wonderful place to start the new year.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, the wonderful place we like to come back.
We came to relax in this fantastic house! Very well received, super delicious breakfast. We recommend everyone to come here and regret that it is already over.
What do you get from us?
Facilities and services
Living room with sliding doors to 2nd terrace facing south
Use of sauna and jacuzzi (on request, extra charge).
Covered patio with fireplace and seating area
Free use of Rituals products
Overview of some restaurants in the neighbourhood.
- De Oude Smidse. Dirk Wierengastraat 36, Westernieland (German-Dutch restaurant)
- Waddengenot. Hoofdstraat 93, Pieterburen (fish)
- Hong Sheng. Oostervalge 3 Warffum (Chinese)
- Bistro Refter. Reg Praediniusstraat 3 Winsum (French, Mediterranean)
- De Jongens uit de buurt. Winsumerdiep 6 Winsum (various)
- Pizzeria La Sicilia. Winsum (Pizza)
Cafés and pubs
- Herberg de Gouden Karper Winsum (Dutch, European)
- Cafe J&A Winsum (Fast food, pub)
- Garnwerd aan Zee Garnwerd (Dutch, fish and seafood)
- Eetcafe Beuving Baflo (Fast food, European)
Art & Culture
- Kinderboekenhuis, Winsum – (historical museum)
- Gallery Het Raadhuis, Eenrum – www.galeriehetraadhuis.nl
- Gallery GEWAAGD, Hornhuizen – www.galeriegewaagd.nl
- Art du Nord, Winsum – www.artdunord.nl
- Nou Nòg Mooier, Warfhuizen – www.nounogmooier.nl
- House Gallery Annemarie Mayers – www.annemariemayers.nl/galerie
- De Koppelpaarden, Uithuizermeeden – www.jaapvanmeeuwen.nl
- Museum Eddy Roos, Uithuizen – www.eddyroos.com
- Atelier aan de Middendijk, Usquert – www.atelieraandemiddendijk.nl
- Open-Air Museum Het Hoogeland, Warffum – www.hethoogeland.com
- Museum Het Behouden Blik, Uithuizermeeden – www.hetbehoudenblik.eu
- Fisheries Museum, Zoutkamp – www.visserijmuseum.com
- Museum De Eenhoorn, Ulrum – www.museumdeeenhoorn.nl
- Menkemaborg, Uithuizen – www.menkemaborg.nl
- Landgoed and Borg Verhildersum, Leens www.verhildersum.nl
- Rensumaborg, Uithuizermeeden
- Air Guard Tower 701, Warfhuizen – www.groningerlandschap.nl
- ‘t Nijkerkje, Oosteinde – www.behoudnijkerkje.nl
From the Waddenstee you can easily reach the Wadden Sea, a UNESCO World Heritage Site along the coast of Groningen. Walk on the bottom of the sea for once. Discover the beauty, the thousands of birds and maybe even meet a seal waiting for the tide on a sandbank.
National Park Lauwersmeer in Lauwersoog beautiful nature and recently elected dark sky area. From here you can also take the boat to the beautiful island of Schiermonnikoog.
This island is a large nature reserve, cars are not welcome, so you can do everything by bike or on foot. A lovely island to go to for a day and get some fresh air.
Town & Countryside
Cycling and walking
Bike and walk
From the Waddenstee you can easily start the well known Pieterpad. There are also various village walks to make. Via Route You you can find various walking routes in and around Westernieland.
Via Fietsknoop points you can determine your own cycling route from Westernieland.
Nothing must, nothing is allowed
Are you looking for peace and quiet? We have the space.
This terrace invites you to….. napping.